At 47, Shah Rukh Khan shows no signs of slowing down. As a birthday treat, we've put together these fun facts about him.
1. Shah Rukh Khan won the Sword of Honor, a prize given to the best student, at St Columba's School in Delhi.
2. In school, SRK's Hindi was poor. His mother promised to take him to the cinema if he passed his Hindi exams and, because young SRK loved watching movies, he began to get top marks in Hindi then onwards.
3. Shah Rukh Khan's first salary was Rs 50 which he earned by working as an usher at a Pankaj udhas concert in Delhi. He used the money to take the train to Agra and see the Taj Mahal.
4. Shah Rukh sold tickets at the booking window of a Mumbai cinema on the opening day of 1994 movie Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, directed by Kundan Shah. SRK was paid a sum total of Rs 25,000 for the film.
5. SRK briefly ran a restaurant in Old Delhi's Daryaganj area before becoming an actor.
6. SRK has a phobia of riding horses
7. When he came to Mumbai as a hopeful actor, he had no place to stay. He lived with fellow actor Viveck Vaswani, who later appeared in Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman and Josh with him, and helped SRK meet directors and producers.
8. SRK was watching Yash Chopra's Lamhe in a theatre with Viveck Vaswani when halfway through his secretary arrived to inform him that Mr Chopra was considering casting him in a movie. SRK abandoned Lamhe immediately and went to Mr Chopra's office. He did end up being cast in the movie, which was Darr.
9. SRK makes sure his sleeping pyjamas are freshly ironed every night because you never know who you may meet in your dreams.
10. His favourite actor is Dilip Kumar, and his favourite actresses are Mumtaz and Saira Banu.