May 02, 2012 12:00 IST
Buzz is that megastar Amitabh Bachchan might be flying to Los Angeles for treatment and may not take up any new acting assignment till September.
According to a source this decision was taken after he underwent a CT scan at a city hospital last month.
"It was the first time since the operation in February that Bachchan saab felt such severe pain and had to go for a CT scan soon afterwards," said
While the hospital's Medical Superintendent had reportedly said that it was a routine examination and was related to previous health conditions, the source
asserted that the 69-year-old actor isn't taking it lightly.
"It is believed that Mr Bachchan is not doing any film before September as he's going to Los Angeles, in May-June, where he will undergo a few tests and the required treatment to be sure," the source added.
However, one acting assignment that Mr Bachchan is said to have confirmed before September is Rohit Shetty's forthcoming film Bol Bachchan with
Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan.
The source said, "That's also because Abhishek is acting in the film and has a very strong role in it. And Ajay, who's producing it, is like family. Besides, it's not going to be stressful as Bachchan saab's part will be shot in just a couple of days."
Post his treatment it remains to be seen which film Mr Bachchan chooses as his comeback project.
Ram Gopal Varma is planning to reprise the character of Subhash Nagre in the third Sarkar film, while Shoojit Sircar is scripting his next for the actor after their Johnny Mastana hit a roadblock a couple of years ago.
According to some reports, the channel and producers of his successful quiz show are planning its next season, scheduled to start later this year.