What do box office rivals Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif have in common other than the letter K? Quite a lot, actually.
1. Both Kareena and Katrina have managed to land movies with the warring Salman and SRK with no particular damage to each actress' rapport with the other Khan. Kareena, of course, is a favourite co-star for both the actors, last appearing in Bodyguard
with Salman and RA.One
with SRK. You'd think SRK would be out of bounds for Katrina, Salman's ex-girlfriend and at whose party the infamous Khan vs Khan brawl took place. But, amazingly, Katrina has a film opposite each actor this year - Ek Tha Tiger
with Salman and a Yash Raj project with SRK.
2. Both Kareena and Katrina also have the distinction of playing heroine to uncle Khan and nephew Khan - Aamir and Imran. Kareena starred opposite Aamir Khan in 3 Idiots
and opposite Imran in Ek Main Aur Ek Tu
. Katrina's going to appear with Aamir in Dhoom 3
and delivered a hit film opposite Imran with Mere Brother Ki Dulhan
3. Both actresses played wives who discover their husbands are terrorists in movies that released in 2009 - Kareena in Kurbaan
, Katrina in New York
4. Both Bebo and Kat are mainstream leading ladies as well as sought after item girls - Katrina's Chikni Chameli
could just be displaced by Kareena's Halkat Jawani
. They've left Priyanka, Deepika and the other A-list actresses trailing in the item stakes.
5. Last but certainly not least - Ranbir Kapoor. Kareena's famous cousin is also Katrina's ex-boyfriend. And if director Zoya Akhtar does manage to pull off a casting coup in her next film and get the Kapoors to play siblings for reel, then Kareena will share yet another co-star with Katrina who appeared with Ranbir in Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani