1) I like technology and the internet but it doesn't have a heart.
2) We multi-task too much because of technology. The brain remembers things by emotion and through connections. Doing too many things at one time is not fulfilling.
3) Kurt (Russell) is not a techie sort of guy, but sometimes I have to ask him to stop texting.
4) Feeling someone else's energy can make you happy; technology cannot do that.
5) We need to have empathy. When we lose empathy, we lose our humanity.
6) I was initiated in 1972 with the Maharishi. That began my journey inward. I felt I was reconnecting to my heartbeat, it felt like a bubble of joy. There was an A-ha! moment for me, and that is my connection with meditation.
7) The pressures of being a 21-year-old Hollywood star got to me. I was anxiety-ridden, saw psychologists, had panic attacks. I was scared but I didn't take pills. I wanted to learn how to return to my joy.
8) I would give Lindsay a hug. I understand the loneliness of someone like Lindsay Lohan. Any young person coming up quickly needs help preparing them for what's happening. Fear has a lot to do with it. Meditation relaxes that side of the brain.
9) India is like my other home, I have great love for what's steeped in its soil. But kids there are changing too and we must teach them what's important. There's so much pressure to do well in school. Success is not always measured with grades. Emotionally adept children do better in life.
10) Kurt and I lived a very normal life, gave our children strong ethics. We stressed they must not be unkind or unethical. Kurt and I were a very good team at raising our children.