Prosecutor rejects hit and run case against Lindsay Lohan
May 05, 2012 09:49 IST
Lindsay Lohan won't be charged for a hit and run accident she was accused of recently.
The 25-year-old actress was exiting the Sayers Club in Hollywood last month in her new black Porsche when she was blocked by a group of photographers as well as customers from the nearby Hookah Lounge.
The venue's manager, Thaer Kamal, accused her of hitting him and his car while making a U-turn before speeding off.
According the Los Angeles County District Attorney Charge Evaluation Worksheet, Thaer's story lacked credibility after two interviews, according to RadarOnline.com.
The document states: "The manager of the Hookah Lounge calls 911 and reports that he and his car were struck in the parking lot. He says he has the suspect's plate number. When LAPD responds to the location the victim states that his car received no damage. He said that the suspect's vehicle had rubbed along his right leg but he was uninjured and he did not want the police involved. Kamal refused the offer of an ambulance."
"There is no direct evidence to show Lindsay Lohan or anyone else struck victim Kamal. Victim Kamal changed story and lack of cooperation with law enforcement make him a non-credible witness. The fact that no collision is seen on the video and a lack of damage to any vehicle or any independent witnesses make it impossible to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt," it further stated.