All the actors from the show were present at the location, but no one was injured. It is the second fire mishap on the sets of the Star Plus show.
Sonia Balani, a lead actor of the show, was lucky as she was not present on the set and was resting in her room. "I heard a noise and I immediately went out to see what was going on. I could smell the smoke and see a lot of people around. By god's grace, no one was hurt and the fire was put out soon. The fire engines too arrived shortly. The entire bit halted our shoot for more than two hours after which we resumed our shoot," she said in a statement.
The fire reportedly broke out after the air conditioner duct got congested, because of which the fiber material caught fire.
"Thankfully the silver paper which was spread on the entire floor prevented it from becoming a big mishap," said a source, adding that the quick reaction by the production team helped control the blaze.
"While the fire engines were on the way, the major fire was prevented by fire extinguisher put on the sets. The actors were immediately rushed to an open area and the set was sealed immediately where production people were dousing the fire," the source added.