Bollywood actor Preity Zinta, who has accused her ex-boyfriend, businessman Ness Wadia, of manhandling, abusing and threatening her last month, has been asked by the Mumbai police to record her statement at a stadium where the incident allegedly took place. (Also Read: Amid Dispute With Ness Wadia, Preity Zinta Rules Out Selling Kings XI Stake)
The police have told Ms Zinta, who returned from the US on Sunday night, that they want to record her statement at the Wankhede stadium so that they can write a spot report too.
But sources close to the actor say the 39-year-old is keen on recording the statement at her home in Bandra.
Ms Zinta had filed a police complaint on June 12 accusing Mr Wadia, 44, of abusing her after the pair got into an argument while watching their team, Kings XI Punjab play the Chennai Super Kings on May 30 in the Indian Premier League semi-final.
In her complaint, Ms Zinta has claimed, "I left for my seat, but he (Ness) came up to me at my seat and started screaming and abusing me in front of everyone."
Mr Wadia has called the allegations "totally false and baseless". He and Ms Zinta ended their five-year-old relationship in 2009 but continue to co-own the IPL team.
Last week, Mr Wadia alleged in a police complaint that his company received threatening calls and texts from an underworld gangster who allegedly referenced the Bollywood star.
The caller identified himself as fugitive underworld don Ravi Pujari, the police said. A threatening message allegedly warned the Wadias against troubling Ms Zinta.
The police have provided Mr Wadia with security after his complaint.