Veteran Bollywood actress Waheeda Rehman, who has been honoured with the prestigious Centenary award for the Film Personality of the Year at the ongoing India International Film Festival in Goa, took a trip down memory lane with NDTV. She spoke at length about her favourite role, starring with Dev Anand and being directed by Guru Dutt.
Highlights from the interview:
1. In our time we were given typical roles to do
2. Playing Rosie was by far my most favourite role. People warned me she was a vamp but I said she was real.
3. Guru Dutt was a better director than actor
4. Dev Anand was someone who I enjoyed working with.
5. I told Dev Anand my dance should get prominence in Guide.
6. My parents were broadminded and encouraged the arts.
7. I couldn't have done a Dirty Picture but I applaud Vidya
8. I knew my shortcomings but I was willing to take up challenges
Watch the full interview: