Advertisement
HomeHollywood

Benedict Cumberbatch not part of Star Wars: Episode VII

  | September 04, 2013 13:41 IST (New York)
Benedict Cumberbatch

Benedict Cumberbatch features in Star Trek Into Darkness

Benedict Cumberbatch, who was rumoured to be attached to director JJ Abrams' long-awaited sequel to the original Star Wars trilogy, has denied that he is a part of it.

Benedict Cumberbatch, who was rumoured to be attached to director JJ Abrams' long-awaited sequel to the original Star Wars trilogy, has denied that he is a part of it.
The Star Trek Into Darkness actor's representative said that Cumberbatch, 37, is not reteaming with Abrams for Star Wars: Episode VII, reported the New York Daily News.
"There is no truth to the rumour Benedict has been cast in Star Wars. I think the rumours are circling because JJ and Benedict have just recently had a wonderful time working together on Star Trek," said the representative.
Speculation had been intensified because of the timing of Cumberbatch's exit from director Guillermo Del Toro's Crimson Peak.
Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to start filming in London early next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com