Advertisement
HomeRegional

Not Approached For Guntur Talkies Sequel, Says Praveen Sattaru

"I read about the sequel in the papers recently. I don't even know that the producer is planning a sequel because I haven't been approached. In fact, half of the cast and crew of 'Guntur Talkies' isn't even aware of a sequel being made," Praveen told IANS.

  | August 12, 2016 19:39 IST (Chennai)
Guntur Talkies

This image was posted on Facebook by DirectorPraveenSattaru

Highlights

  • Praveen directed Telugu comedy Guntur Talkies last year
  • 'I read about the sequel in the papers recently,' he said
  • Praveen said he is not interested
South director Praveen Sattaru says he hasn't yet been approached to direct the sequel to his last year's Telugu comedy Guntur Talkies.

He is also sure that he does not want to take up the project even if he is offered.

"I read about the sequel in the papers recently. I don't even know that the producer is planning a sequel because I haven't been approached. In fact, half of the cast and crew of Guntur Talkies isn't even aware of a sequel being made," Praveen told IANS.

Asked if he would like to direct the sequel, he said he isn't interested.

"I'm usually not the type of director who cashes in on the success of a film with a sequel. I don't think I'm interested to direct the sequel, even if I'm offered," he said.

Produced by Raj Kumar, Guntur Talkies starred Rashmi Gautam, Shraddha Das, Naresh and Mahesh Manjrekar in the lead roles.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

 
Advertisement
Advertisement