Actor Salman Khan has filed a caveat in Supreme Court, asking that his version of events in the hit-and-run case be heard ahead of the Maharashtra government's challenge of his acquittal. Last week, the state challenged the actor's acquittal in the 2002 case in the top court
On the eve of his 50th birthday, Salman Khan posed for the waiting shutterbugs outside his Panvel farm house. Of his acquittal Salman said: "I am very happy that my parents are now stress-free. I know they have gone to the Supreme Court. I will fight there as well. After all, life is all about struggling and fighting"
In May, a trial court had held Salman Khan guilty of killing a man with his SUV after a night out drinking on September 28, 2002. The High Court overturned that order on December 10, acquitting the 49-year-old actor of all charges and cancelling his five-year jail sentence
Salman Khan was acquitted by the Bombay High Court of all the charges in the 2002 hit and run case on December 10. "I am happy for him. I don't think one needs to talk too much about the verdict and the legal situation. As an individual and a friend, I am happy for him. I am sure he is relieved," said Kabir
Actor Salman Khan was photographed on his way to the Bombay High Court on December 10. The court had asked him to be present when it pronounced its verdict in the appeal against his conviction in the 2002 hit-and-run case. The actor can't be convicted on the basis of evidence produced, the judge said in his comments that appeared to signal a major reprieve for the Bollywood superstar.
Shah Rukh and Arpita visited Salman Khan, a day before a sessions court pronounces its verdict in the 2002 hit-and-run-case